Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Portland, Oregon Day 4+5

Well it was Monday, Not too sure what to really do with Sherry working. I was pretty comfortable hanging about.

After lunch I did go for a drive up to Tryon Creek park. It's amazing how close this park is to their house. So lucky to live in such a place.

There were heaps of people using the park trails - which were a touch on the wet side/. I didn't even use the gumboots! Whoops./ But I got to have a good walk. I got pretty nervous after a few minutes because the wind really picked up and i heard a branch snap behind me. I don't know where it landed but I'm sure glad it wasn't on my head.

I passed quite a few joggers on the path. Most people were using it just to walk dogs or keep fit. It's amazing how a park like this is considered just something for light daily recreational use.

At night on Monday Brian came over and we all watched Monday Night football. It was one of the worst games of football i had ever watched. A gaame totally ruled by the defense. I'muite certain both teamsw went into the dressing rooms at half time without scoring. We did eat some awesome 'rouind-table' pizza though. We also played a pretty interesting card game with Betsy, Sherry's favourite - a game where you need to make words.

The following day was pretty low key. I drove down to Oregon City. Not much of a city but it did have a cool fountain on teh hillside overlooking the shops.

That night we went out to a brewery for dinner. I chatted to a guy from Minnesota about football. Boo Vikes.The brewery itself was pretty good. We sat upstairs which kind of reminded me of the inside of an old wooden ship. I had a really nice burger. Sherry once again made the mistake of ordiering something different to what i had even though she wanted to actually have what i had.

No comments: